Linking up with Eat Pray Run DC for this week’s Friday Five.
Here are 5 Things I love about Mexico City:
1. Paseo de la Reforma closes to vehicle traffic on Sunday mornings. The boulevard is instead given over to bicyclists, skaters, runners, and walkers. I haven’t done this for a while, but I think on Sunday I’ll go for a run!
2. The Zocalo is decorated with beautiful lights for holidays.
3. Magnificent churches, everywhere.
4. Mexico does not mess around with its cultural heritage. The treasures in the Anthropology Museum are mind-blowing.
5. Paseo de la Reforma also closes for protests. These marches make me cynical and hopeful at the same time. Cynical because the government allows these protests so citizen can feel like they’re doing something, when in reality nothing changes; and hopeful because the protesters keep at it.
What do you love about where you live?