I have a lifetime of experience with difficult skin. I had cystic acne from the age of 8 until I was 24, and now in my 40s I have melasma and occasional breakouts. But in the last couple of months, my skin has never looked better! People actually tell me that I have a nice complexion and are surprised to hear my age. I don’t think they’re blowing smoke up my you-know-what, so my current skincare routine is working a treat. Here’s what I’m using:
2. Giovanni D:Tox Purifying Facial Cleanser – I use this at night after I’ve washed my makeup off. I reviewed it here.
3. Giovanni D:Tox Purifying Facial Scrub – I use this every morning in the shower. It’s not so abrasive that I can’t use it everyday, yet grainy enough to be effective.
4. Makeup Artist’s Choice Mandelic Acid Toner – This has made a huge difference with my skin tone. The melasma on my cheeks has faded quite a bit. I reviewed it here.
5. Lucy Minerals Ambrosia Serum – I still think it’s strange that I put oil on my face when I’m already oily, but heck, it works at keeping the wrinkles at bay.
6. Avon Ideal Flawless CC Color Corrector Cream – I didn’t love it when I first got it, but then I started using it daily. I put this on my face right out of the shower, no moisturizer, no primer, just this. It’s not enough coverage for me on its own, but it’s fantastic as a base for my mineral makeup.
7. Shakeology – I have always resisted the idea that what you eat has an effect on your skin (because nothing I ate or didn’t eat made a difference with my cystic acne), but a daily dose of superfoods sure does make my skin look nice. The vegan Tropical Strawberry is my favorite flavor.
What’s your current skincare routine?