stealing co-opting this idea from Eat, Run, Repeat.
Here’s her list of Sunday preparations to get ready for the upcoming week, and what I plan to do:
- Meal Plan – Since I’m in a hotel, I have to wing this a bit. I’m eating is what’s easy to keep in a tiny hotel room fridge. And I may have other snacks here and there or a meal out occasionally, as long as I’m not eating out every.single.day. I’ll swell and blow up from eating all the sodium in restaurant meals.
- After workout: Pure Protein shake – the 16-day supply tub is crazy convenient for travel.
- Breakfast: eggs and cottage cheese at the breakfast buffet
- Lunch: PB&J and veggies
- Afternoon snack: protein or nutrition bar (Target had a ton of these on sale so I brought several boxes with me)
- Dinner: Soup and cheese and crackers
- Bedtime snack: Shakeology
- Workout Plan – I’m really, really trying to get back into running, and I’ve abandoned weightlifting for now since I hurt my shoulder
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: P90X3 Pilates (love that workout)
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday: running. I ran 6ish miles today on Paseo de la Reforma and really enjoyed it, so I’ll do it again next week.
- Every Day: I am also trying to walk at least 15,000 step every day with my FitBit. This should be easy; Mexico City is an extremely walkable city and my office and hotel are in a great location for walking to the Zocalo or the Independence Monument after work. Or both. As long as I get those steps in there.
- Grocery shopping – I went to Costco last weekend and got what I needed for ~2 weeks so I’m covered for a while. I’ll probably go back to Costco next weekend and get veggies for one week only, since I don’t really know when the work will be done and I’ll return home.
- Chop/Prep – I do this at night. If I chop my veggies all at once, they get slimy and go bad. I make my PB&J at night, too.
- Have a great week! This should be pretty easy.
And just so there’s a photo in this post, here’s a shot of the Metropolitan Cathedral that I took yesterday in the afternoon sunshine.
How was your weekend? Do you do anything to prepare for the upcoming week?