Linking up with Eat Pray Run DC (and thank goodness for this because I’ve completely run out of blog post ideas)
- Be half marathon-ready at all times. I think I might be pretty close to this. After all, I didn’t train too much for the Hollywood Half, and I did Not Badly. If I can do at least one 6-mile run a week, I think I can continue to run half marathons Not Badly. How awesome would it be to decide to run a half just like that? But another goal is to
- Run a half marathon in 2-ish hours. I did the math and I’d have to run at a ~9 minute/mile pace. I’m not anywhere close to that. So I’ll have to keep training, and work on speed, too. It won’t happen this year, but it will happen.
- Hike from a trailhead in Montrose to one in Burbank. I think that’s ~13 miles. At the top of the Verdugos (only ~3 miles up), it’s a pretty flat access road, so this is completely doable. I just have to stop complaining about the heat and get to it.
- Hike to Mt. Wilson. This has been a goal for a while now, but I haven’t even been hiking in months. Too hot, boo hoo.
- Do an unassisted pull-up. Body Beast is getting me closer to this goal – I moved the pin to 54 lbs on the assisted pull-up machine this week. And then, I moved it to 48 lbs and did 5 more. Slowly but surely, I’m making progress. And losing bra fat. Win-win.
What are your goals?
This post contains my Beachbody affiliate link. Thank you for supporting Blush and Barbells and good luck on your fitness journey.