As an oily gal, I definitely need to have a finishing powder on top of my base makeup – mineral or liquid. A good finishing powder really does set my foundation and helps keep it from melting away.
Here is what’s in my stash of finishing powders:
1. Silk Naturals Liberty Golden Perfecting Glow: Liberty is a shimmery golden finishing powder. This is probably too shimmery for me with my oily skin. It’s absolutely gorgeous though, and I do like to brush some on top of my cheeks or on my nekkid eyelids. This would work really well as an all-over face powder for someone with drier skin.
2. Silk Naturals Perfecting Powder: The name pretty much sums it up – this is a translucent finishing powder that really makes my skin seem smooth and soft. It’s got a matte finish with a bit and there is a vegan formula too!
3. Lucy Minerals Finishing Powder – Oil Control Silica formula: My HG finishing powder. I’ve got back-ups of my back-ups in case it ever gets discontinued, which is probably unnecessary because a little bit of this goes a l-o-n-g way, even for me who reapplies several times a day. It’s smooth and soft and doesn’t feather or crease in my T-zone. Best of all, it’s oil-control without making my skin feel tight and dry. It’s pretty much magical. Keep your eyes on Lucy Minerals’ Facebook page for flash sales if you want to try this out.
4. Aromaleigh Peaches & Cream Ultra Resolution Finishing Powder: I love the smooth and silky texture this gives my skin. This finishing powder has a pale pink tint and a lot of glimmer that give my skin a soft-focus look. It’s on sale this week…I might try English Rose next.
5. Everyday Minerals Sunlight Finishing Dust: I bought this feeling nostalgic for the old Cornsilk powder I used as a teenager. I like that this yellowish powder tones down the redness in my face. But! Dust is the operative word here. This powder seems to get stuck in my eyebrows and on the peach fuzz on my cheeks, making me look, well, dusty. I generally use this only after some depilatory action.
What’s your favorite finishing powder?